Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced Global Trade Compliance Manager to support our business on a broad range of global import and export compliance matters in the South Africa and the surrounding region. In this role, you will interact with Engineering, Operations, Procurement, Supply Chain, Legal, Tax, and other internal businesses and external stakeholders to drive trade compliance. The position is located in Cape Town and will report directly to the Head of Global Trade and Product Compliance (GPTC) for AWS, in Seattle.
AWS is at the forefront of providing a broad set of global cloud-based services including compute, storage
, and enterprise applications, to help organizations move faster, lower IT costs, and scale. This is a dynamic business within Amazon.com, and one of the world’s fastest growing and evolving companies, with a team of exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. GTPC is responsible for ensuring that the infrastructure equipment necessary to support the AWS services are imported/exported in a compliant manner across the multiple countries where AWS operates and will expand. PRINCIPAL DUTIES
· Coordinate end-to-end controls for AWS trade operations in the Africa region to ensure compliance with all South African and regional trade and product compliance regulations in the conduct of import and export activities.
· Manage compliance with local NRCS regulations, including LOA Administration and reporting requirements.
· Effectively evaluate transactions for compliance requirements relating to use of information security/encryption technology.
· Determine import (HTS) coding determinations.
· Identify and implement compliant duty/tax savings opportunities.
· Set up effective import/export processes and controls and drive trade compliance solutions that maximize import/export efficiency.
· Monitor import/export regulatory and procedural change and clearly communicate those guidelines to stakeholders.
· Analyze trends related to import/export processing and documentation to identify and communicate process improvements and process improvement opportunities.
· Interface with cross functional groups to identify and rectify information/process gaps during the export/import process.
· Build relationships with stakeholders.
· Generate and contribute to performance metrics for all related activity.