Finance Team Leader
Amazon is looking for energetic and enthusiastic candidates to join the fast paced world of European Financial Operations in Bratislava. We’re not an average retailer and this is definitely not your average finance position. We’ll give you the opportunity to really make a difference to our business by working on and initiating projects in a fast-paced environment and ultimately delivering results.
We’ve been online since 1995 and in that time we’ve grown pretty quickly. We’re not the kind of company that’s happy to sit back and take it all for granted however, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to bring in fresh ideas. A day to challenge convention. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of entrepreneurial spirit that will drive our success now, and reinforce our reputation for great service for years to come. You could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
About the role
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of Debit Balance collection analysts in cooperation with our local sales and finance management. As part of our commitment to your development, you will also gain exposure in cross functional and process improvement projects but you can expect your responsibilities to include to:
·Maintain strong relationships with stakeholders to ensure timely collections and a high degree of accuracy
·Review and monitor A/R Debit Balance Reports, collections targets.
·Respond to customer billing inquiries. Research unpaid or disputed amounts and work with Sales and Finance to resolve customer issues and correct billing errors
· Work with Amazon customers to drive process improvements and resolve escalations and discrepancies
· Standardize processes to ensure capacity for our significant growth.
· Diagnose, improve and fix any issues with our current collections processes
· Continually look at ways to improve the customer experience
· Earn the trust of your external and internal customers/Vendors thereby building long-lasting relationships to reinforce Amazon’s customer centricity.
· Work with the commercial side of the business to ensure we are serving our customers in the most effective manner.
· Being a helping hand for our internal business partners in EMEA, to enable them to make educated decisions.
· Acting as a communication liaison between our customers, non-retail finance, Sales department and accounts receivables. Main business areas:
- Accounts Receivables
- Contact management (managing customer questions and complaints through our online tools)
- Creation and management of our KPI’s
- Executive metrics reporting
Leading and developing a team of financial analysts, including hiring, training, and employee development; managing group workload and establishing priorities; ensuring existing policies and procedures are followed; managing annual performance targets; creating and monitoring appropriate performance metrics. This position will also act as an escalation point in resolving complex outstanding issues with internal and external business partners. Project Management:
Solving complex customer/vendor issues and proactively heading off negative service trends. Understanding and correctly utilizing resources provided by internal systems, departments, policies, and procedures. Development, analysis and improvement of new strategies and procedures. The successful candidate will have the ability to develop, plan, and implement short and long-range goals. Developing and achieving performance goals and objectives in order to achieve customer expectations. About our rewards
• A competitive salary and other excellent benefits.
• You are our future leaders! We’ll expect you to go the extra mile but success at Amazon will lead to more responsibility, progression and a rewarding career with one of the World’s leading online retailers and cloud infrastructure service market provider.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Base pay for this position starts from EUR 1,725 gross per month and salary depends on the skills and requirements, there will be further pay components such as a sign on bonus and the eligibility to participate in a restricted stock unit scheme operated independently by Amazon.com Inc. in USA. Company benefits apply subject to further terms, including annual membership in medical clinic, life insurance, retirement pension, meal voucher card, career development.