Do you have a track-record of effectively partnering with executives and large enterprises to produce awesome outcomes in the area of cloud technology? Do you love leading people, building and developing them to help tackle new business challenges using cutting edge technology?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced and motivated Manager of Enterprise Solution Architecture / CTO to help Australia’s large enterprises navigate their cloud journey. You will be leading a team that seeks to transform organisations into innovative, competitive and disruptive entities by leveraging cloud-based IT technology.
At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. Your role will be to guide Solution Architects on how to earn the trust of customers and build on that trust by helping them succeed and accelerate. In doing that you will have four key focuses:
- As a successful and inspiring people manager, you will not only deliver on our credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history” you will love what you do, and your enthusiasm will be contagious across our teams and customers. Your first passion will be for your people, and you will need to demonstrate to us a burning desire to truly lead a great team. You will be comfortable talking to a spectrum of decision makers and influencers, from the board room to the surfboard. At AWS we love how customers build, and you will need to be part of the conversation that helps them build on AWS.
- As a business custodian you will work with AWS sales, business development, solutions architecture and product teams to make sure we have the right people, in the right place at the right time to help our customers take on the world using the AWS Cloud.
- As an individual passionate about working with enterprise customers, you will have an appetite for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of enterprise customers.
- As an experienced solutions architect, you will have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
In return, we provide you with the chance to work with some of the smartest minds from around the world who are leading the way in cloud based architecture design. Every day you will be challenged to think differently, learn more, and make the complex, simple. This role can be based in either our Sydney OR Melbourne office. Roles and Responsibilities
- Hiring, on-boarding and developing the best Solutions Architects on earth. First and foremost, you need to be an exceptional builder of great people
- Partnering with senior and executive level management to map a customer’s business needs to technology solutions (articulate the business value of AWS solutions) and have a proven track record of successful leadership of senior technical professionals
- Develop and maintain deep relationships with senior individuals and executives to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Guide and motivate the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practice
- Identify customer requirement trends and provide feedback into appropriate AWS services teams
- Define and communicate company values, standards and technology strategy to investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders
- Establish governance processes of direction and control and performance measures to enable the development and tracking of operation costs and effectiveness.
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals and foster a culture of innovation