Do you have a passion for helping customers design large distributed systems? Would you like to do this using advanced cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping an organization to understand application architectures and integration approaches, to architect advanced cloud-based solutions, and to help launch the build-out of those systems? Do you have experience with Big Data specialist, Data Warehousing, Hadoop/Spark/EMR, Machine Learning and/or Real Time Event Processing experience? Do you like to solve the most complex and large-scale data challenges in the world today? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new data analytics technologies? Are you one of those rare technologists with the communications, consultative, and leadership skills to help guide major projects to success? The Amazon Web Services Solutions Architecture team is hiring!
In this role, you will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of Amazon Web Services (including Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon DynamoDB & RDS databases, Amazon CloudFront CDN, and many more) within organizations ranging from new start-ups to large enterprise customers, with a great focus in Big Data and Analytics. You will posses customer facing skills that allow you to represent AWS well within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, and risk management. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
The ideal candidate will …
Be great fun to work with. Our company credo is “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. As the right candidate, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge.
Enjoy working with customers and partners. You have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing systems for some of the world’s largest and most important organizations.
Have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a systems or support engineer. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so that you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world class solutions built on AWS. Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design Customer Solutions
- Collaborate with AWS field sales, presales, training and support teams to help customers learn and use AWS services in general with a focus on Big Data and Analytics such as Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), Redshift, Kinesis, Amazon Machine Learning, AWS Lambda, Data Pipeline, S3, DynamoDB, and the Relational Database Service (RDS)
- Provide global thought leadership on Analytics solutions that benefit customers through the use of AWS Services. This takes the form of contribution to external publications such as the AWS Big Data Blog, White Papers and Reference architectures, as well as internal training and coaching of Solution Architects, Professional Services Consultants, Technical Account Managers, and AWS Trainers
- Serve as a key member of the business development and account management team in helping to ensure customer success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
- Assist solution providers with the definition and implementation of technical and business strategies.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the worldwide AWS solution architect community.
- Understand AWS market segments, and industry verticals.
- Understand and exploit the use of internal business support systems.