These qualifications are optional, but please highlight them on your resume if you have them:
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, MIS, CIS, or a related field
- 3+ years’ experience in either technical support or software development
- Demonstrable Knowledge & experience in various Big Data or distributed systems. Such as Hadoop, NoSQL, Search and Streaming
- Experience with Cloud Services and Cloud deployments. Exposure specifically to AWS a bonus
- Experience utilising data analysis techniques such as quantitative or qualitative analysis
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity and Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.