Job Description Are you customer obsessed, flexible, smart and analytical, strategic yet execution focused, hungry and passionate about e-commerce, experienced, and entrepreneurial leader with a strong work ethic? Want to work in one of the fastest growing and most innovative businesses at Amazon?Â Interested in working in a high impact role? If yes, this opportunity will appeal to you. Come join our site merchandising team and help define the course of the Amazon business.
Amazon's vision is to enable customers globally to find, discover, and buy anything online.
We are looking for a smart, results-oriented Site Merchandiser to grow our business. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and executing best in class site and email merchandising strategies. This role is based in Egypt.
The Site Merchandiser will ensure that accurate, comprehensive and high-quality product information is available on all products we carry, and that customer expectations are set and met to a high standard. He or she will write and schedule content on emails, home pages, category pages, and pages across the site, compile and analyze traffic and other web metrics, and report on performance to our management teams. He or she will propose, plan and execute new features, stores, and products with minimal oversight, partnering with business and technical teams to achieve project goals. He or she will help to drive feature launches and site improvements to completion by coordinating with project managers, developers, the marketing team, designers, and other editors in similar roles across the business.
Technical requirements include include Excel, and the ability to learn XML basics and our in-house tools, quickly. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, capable of handling multiple projects at once, able to take direction, and work well with multiple teams. In addition to having first-class written and verbal communication skills in English, this Site Merchandiser will be able to prioritize to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be innovative and internally motivated and have strong interest in and some experience with online merchandising.
Ongoing responsibilities include:
- Tracking and analyzing customer needs based on customer behaviors including searching, browsing and purchasing, identifying problems and opportunities and responding accordingly, engaging the cross-functional team where necessary
- Planning and executing the site merchandising calendar. This includes email programs, new product launches, cross-category placements, developing and executing Amazon site-wide events, browse tree design and search results
- Develop merchandising for large storewide promotions, and work closely with buyers and marketing to schedule promotions
- Create emails, category pages, brand stores, campaigns, and develop and manage free search improvement projects
- Synthesize and analyze relevant content metrics
- Propose new traffic-driving content strategies
- Regularly develop, test and analyze new merchandising tactics that sell products across all categories and increase conversion rates, documenting the results and sharing best practices with the team