Virtual Customer Service (VCS) Group Manager
Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
As part of France Customer Service Organization, Amazon is looking for a highly-qualified VCS Group Manager
who will have responsibility for up to 180 associates and direct line management of 6-9 Team Managers.
The number one priority for this role is to ensure that associates are supported to deliver a world-class
experience. The role will require you to ensure your Team Manager priorities remain focused on supporting their associates. To enable Team Managers to focus on supporting their people, you will oversee the operational delivery of the teams you lead. Additionally, this role is based on a virtual customer support site, and it will require someone who can engage and motivate a team in a fast-paced customer service environment.
The ideal VCS Group Manager ensures that Team Manager priorities and tasks are aligned to supporting associates apply the Amazon Contact Tenets. To achieve this, an ideal VCS Group Manager coaches and supports their Team Managers to build a virtual work environment where associates are engaged and feel a positive sense of achievement about their role in delivering world class
the VCS Group Manager will be responsible for the overall performance and operational delivery of its teams, this will require him/her to work with key support functions such as Capacity Planning and Quality Assurance to review performance trends and opportunities and take continual action to improve the service level and quality of performance. the VCS Group Manager will be an escalation point for the Team Managers and their people to take action on issues or barriers impacting the customer experience and will lead Kaizen events to solve people or customer issues. He/she will represent his/her team in the wider business, being accountable for creating the input, actions and representation of team performance in standard meeting routines such as metric calls. The VCS Group Manager will also be a key partner for business teams when operational points of contact to co-ordinate
launches, messaging or reviews are required.
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Knows and communicates the Amazon mission, vision and strategy in a virtual environment
- Understands and owns the controllable elements of service level delivery and quality KPIs
- Ability to use data and insights to prepare metric reviews
- Experience directly leading a team(s) of people
- Ability to communicate to all leadership levels in a virtual environment
- Positive communicator who understands when necessary how to have tough conversation
- Create developmental plan for salaried leaders
- Experience interviewing and selecting people who will maintain a high performance bar in Amazon
- Identify and utilize "superpowers" among your leadership organization to support the business
- Leads and participates in Kaizen events to improve the customer and associate experience
- Uses data to identify areas of ongoing improvement in how service is delivered
- Ensure processes are in place for continuous improvement and foster innovation on your teams and on a virtual basis
- Acts as the operational representative for business teams to understand voice of the customer