Amazon is seeking a Tax Manager to join its Direct Tax Reporting team within the Foreign Reporting Group in Bratislava, Slovakia. The Amazon Tax Department is a fast-paced, team-focused, and dynamic environment. The mission of the Foreign Reporting Group is to comply with foreign local tax reporting requirements and manage the worldwide, tax-related filings of Amazon’s foreign entities.
As a member of the Foreign Reporting Group, the Tax Manager will primarily drive the process of managing foreign local tax accounting compliance for various countries, international aspects of the US GAAP worldwide tax provision, and components of non-US withholding tax issues and compliance. A highly organized, self-starter with excellent communication, collaboration and project management skills will be successful on this team.
Foreign Tax Reporting and Compliance Responsibilities:
- Manage non-US income tax accounting under US GAAP, IFRS, etc.
- Manage non-US income tax return compliance
- Coordinate and manage components of non-US withholding tax compliance
- Seek and manage tax planning opportunities
- Review tax planning strategies from a local non-US tax perspective
- Research and review non-US tax effects of various international transactions
- Support international tax controversy teams on tax audits
- Drive process improvements and coordinate with various teams to streamline recurring processes through automation
- Develop and implement standard procedures worldwide for compliance and reporting processes
Tax Planning Research & Analysis Responsibilities:
- Review and distribute regular reports for management, including filing status of worldwide filings, taxes paid/accrued, new entity tracker, etc.
- Lead special projects, as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field required
- Minimum 8 years’ experience working in tax
- Must be technically proficient and have strong accounting, analytical, financial modeling and research skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- MS in Taxation
- Certification as CA/CPA
- Experience using Corptax tax preparation software
- Strong income tax operational experience including and preparation of income tax compliance and reporting obligations for US multinational organization
- Withholding tax reporting and compliance experience
- Tax provision experience and understanding of accounting pronouncements
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Ability to lead a team in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Strong computer skills including MS Office, Oracle.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.