We’re expanding and looking for a talented site Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) Manager to join our new team in the Philippines to support our start up here. You’ll be passionate about partnering with the business to ensure EHS risks are managed. This will be a new site, so we’ll expect you to drive our Amazon EHS culture with the site leaders, and be instrumental in embedding Amazon EHS policies and processes and ensure compliance to all applicable local legislative obligations. By leveraging lean principles and kaizens, you will lead continuous improvement to ensure a safe and healthy working environment for our staff. A successful site EHS manager will demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the Operations Team and inspire change through a risk based approach and sound data analysis, to help us achieve more than compliance with the law as we strive to meet Amazon’s Global EHS requirements.
The EHS Manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of an EHS management system to support the management of EHS risks. The successful candidate must be capable of high level thinking through to tactical execution. You must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. You will instruct and train our Leaders in Amazon about EHS policy and procedures and assist the operations site teams to embed this into the site. You will work to identify best practices and incorporate these standard methodologies into our standards to continuously improve the EHS landscape. You will possess excellent safety program knowledge as well as environmental and ergonomic knowledge and be able demonstrate this expertise when working with the Business.
You will comfortable in working within a global company, and able to leverage from different parts of the world to support you in be successful in your role. The Site EHS Manager may lead other members as our operations grows (e.g. Safety specialist, Onsite Medical Clinic staff). You will create and execute leadership development plans for your team. EHS Manager Responsibilities:
- Possess a thorough understanding of Philippines EHS Acts and subordinate legislation.
- Develop and implement an EHS management system that meets both Philippines EHS laws (including OSH Standard and other relevant legislation such as Food Safety Act, Fire Act) and meets Amazons Global EHS Policies & Standards.
- Develop and implement a robust Emergency Response organization, and emergency response procedure/plan that dovetails into Amazon’s emergency response processes and Business Continuity plans. Ensure drills covering the different types of EHS risks (e.g. Typhoons, Earthquakes, Fires) are regularly conducted and learnings applied back to continuously improve performance.
- Completion of risk assessments related to EHS hazards.
- Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable Amazon EHS Policies and Global Standards.
- Measure sites’ performance against published requirements in safety policies. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies.
- Deliver on-time and quality projects to Operations.
- Analyze safety metrics and review incident weekly and monthly incident trends to discover trends to rationalize the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the EHS risk is highest.
- Perform frequent site EHS audits to identify all non-compliance equipment and/or processes at the site. Implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury at other FCs.
- Audit record-keeping practices and Global Safety Database (Gensuite) entries to be aligned with global safety standards and local regulations.
- Audit the workplace organization and staff behaviors to ensure that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and consistent.
- Championing the site EHS committee, and providing guidance and support for H&S representatives.
- Ensure site/regional leadership and staff are trained and knowledgeable of their EHS responsibilities under each policy. Audit the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer), and effectiveness of all required safety training.
- Develop annual EHS improvement plans, aligned with the Businesses strategic direction.
- Oversee (if required) the onsite Medical Clinic
- Develop proactive Health Prevention programs.
- Complete the relevant DOLE reports.
- Ensure contractor management safety processes are implemented.