Amazon’s new Australia retail team, located in Sydney, is looking for a Category Development Manager with a passion for business development. You will be responsible for convincing brands to join Amazon and contribute to the fast growth phase following launch in December last year. It is a pivotal role within the Consumables team, where our mission is to change the weekly shopping habits of Australians and a critical part of that is to have the broadest range of products available on our site. If you’re inspired by a new challenge and in making your mark on a rapidly growing business, this position may be for you. In this role you will act as a new business "hunter", persuading both international and local Australian brands to sell on Amazon, and to help create earth's greatest shopping experience.
As Category Development Manager, you will be a passionate customer and category advocate within Amazon; possess strong negotiation and analytical skills, together with proven commercial nous. The ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task is a must, together with excellent project management skills and laser sharp attention to detail. The Category Development Manager must also be an effective communicator, working with some of Amazon.com.au’s most important partners and vendors, as well as with internal colleagues and cross-functional leaders. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for retail and a high level of flexibility and commitment.
To be successful in this role you will be able to:
* Act as the ‘new business developer’ for an assigned set of categories or brands within Consumables, possessing a complete understanding (inclusive of the strategic context) of internal and external variables that impact your business (this includes owning forecasting, monitoring, understanding and reporting on the business, in particular prospecting, conversion and terms negotiations).
* Have a thorough understanding of the industry, seasonality and business trends/events, and continually monitor competitor/industry developments
* Maximize Amazon’s business profitability and selection expansion opportunities
* Have a complete understanding of the customer needs, both existing and potential, and use that knowledge to advocate for and drive delivery of site features that provide Amazon customers with an unparalleled shopping experience
* Build vendor/brand relationships - be the primary point of contact for vendor on-boarding and then ensure smooth transition to the category teams once on-boarded
* Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines
* Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets