This role is not located in Warsaw, but within 100 km radius.
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take a first step. A day to look forwards to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people.
Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
Amazon is looking to hire an experienced Automation Engineer (m/f)
to join the team at our Fulfillment Center (FC) in central Poland.
The Amazon Reliability Maintenance and Engineering team keeps all our equipment in excellent working order, from printers to fully automated sortation systems.
You will be looking after the automated systems within our Fulfilment Centres (FCs) in central Poland, helping with fault finding, leading process improvements and will be involved in the installation and commissioning of new equipment.
Besides your day-to-day activities, you will be involved in Local and National projects. You will be a key part of a highly skilled team and thrive in delivering high-quality results and always be on the lookout for improvements. Responsibilities:
- Ability to problem solve PLC code and complex fieldbus IO and SCADA systems.
- Understanding of Warehouse Control Systems and Telegrams.
- Experience either building, commissioning or problem solving Electrical Controls and Instrumentation Panels.
- Ability to understand integrated MHE conveyor systems within the FC and the systems that interact outside of the FC.
- Ability to understand flow of processes.
- Understanding of Industrial communication protocols like ProfiBus, ProfiNet, Ethernet IP, and demonstrable ability to problem solve those systems.
- Experience of Barcode recognition technology.
- Experience Reading and Updating Electrical and Controls Schematics and Documentation, SOP’s and VSOP’s,
- Ability to analyse metrics and data and identify system and machine optimization opportunities
- Experience of Change Management processes.
- Work within a shift team and take the lead in resolution of controls related issues and improvements.
- Experience of commissioning special purpose machinery.
- Working knowledge of Machine Safety Regulations and Safe Working Practices.
- Fundamental understanding of IT systems like IP Networking, Server Architecture, SQL Databases.
- Experience working within Controls or Electrical Projects as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills and ability to use MS Office Suite.
- Experience sharing knowledge or developing training around machine systems