We are looking for an experienced technology leader who is interested in building the next generation of online payment system that supports numerous countries and payment methods with high bar for availability and security.
In this role, you will be responsible for delivering some of our most strategic technical projects, deliver large scale systems, design new software systems at the cutting edge of distributed storage, database technologies, mentor a large team (40+) of Software Developers, QAs, System Engineers, DBAs, and InfoSec and have a significant revenue growth and bottom-line impact on our business and competitive position.
As a Senior Manager, Software Engineering, you will be part of the larger technical leadership community at Amazon. This community forms the backbone of the company, plays a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, influences our long-term technical and business strategy, helps us hire talented team of engineers and ultimately enables us to deliver innovative new solutions rapidly.
We are looking for a talented Senior Software Development Manager with a strong technical background, customer obsession and solid people management skills to manage and develop a highly-talented and experienced engineering team. As we are a rapidly expanding, you will also be required to have solid hiring and new hire development skills. Strong judgment and communication skills, long-term technical vision, and continuous focus on engineering and operational excellence are essential for the success in this role. About PayFort
We serve the needs of online shoppers in Middle East and Africa through our trusted, secure payment network that gives everyone the opportunity to shop online safely and easily.
We build trust between buyers and online sellers by enabling consumers to transact online using the payment options they prefer with complete security and peace of mind while supporting the most popular payment methods available globally.
PAYFORT is part of Souq Group, established in 2013. PAYFORT is regional expert in payment processing technology and solutions across major markets in the GCC & Levant countries, operating in UAE, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Jordan and Qatar with a huge plan of expansions in other African countries.
- Work closely with software developers and managers to architect and develop the best technical designs, architectures and implementations.
- Develop monthly, quarterly and yearly strategy and roadmaps for the team based on project priorities and project benefit.
- Strong experience managing software engineering teams and developing technical direct reports (performance review communication, accountability, motivation/engagement).
- Experience being a manager of managers, growing managers to scale with the needs of the organization and working through others to accomplish the day-to-day work of the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Work with Product and Program Managers to develop and evolve the vision and strategy for the team.
- Use Agile principles to run the development lifecycle for team’s applications and services.
- Manage, execute and communicate project plans and delivery commitments.
- Staff, mentor, enhance and maintain a best-of-class software development teams.