Do you have a passion for helping customers design large distributed systems? Would you like to do this using the world’s most advanced cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping an organization to understand application architectures and integration approaches, to architect advanced cloud-based solutions, and to help launch the build-out of those systems? Are you one of those rare technologists with the communications, consultative, and leadership skills to help guide major projects to success? The AWS Solutions Architecture team is hiring!
If so, come join the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Solutions Architects team in Jakarta, to partner with our most strategic customers in designing some of the most advanced cloud architectures running on AWS. As a Principal SA in this role, you will demonstrate depth and breadth across a range of technology domains and be current with modern distributed systems technologies. You will also have strong interpersonal skills and have demonstrated passion for solving customers' business problems. You will use AWS services to help our customers rapidly get products and services to market through continuous delivery solutions, building highly scalable web & mobile applications, architecting large scale micro-services solutions, and enabling data-driven decision making through big data technologies.
As a member of the core sales team, you will drive revenue growth across a defined set of customers. As a trusted customer advocate you will help organizations understand and implement best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other teams within AWS such as services teams, marketing, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management.
Here are some other qualities we’re looking for:
- Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and be eager to make a big impact.
- You are intellectually curious and enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed while developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Building and maintaining technical trusted advisor relationships with influential technical decision makers for the successful adoption and deployment of AWS services and technologies
- Work in collaboration with the sales team to create and execute business plans to accelerate the adoption of AWS, exceed revenue goals, and drive customer satisfaction
- Coordinating a global virtual team encompassing key stakeholders in closing opportunities
- Drive the AWS platform by aligning customer requirements with AWS service teams’ roadmaps
- Identify and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
- Author or contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers, tutorials, blogs, etc.
- Position requires travel -- generally, between 0 - 25%