(Located in Seoul, Korea)
has built a reputation for excellence with most recent examples being named #5 most admired company in the US, #2 most innovative, and # 1 in Customer Service. Amazon’s technology business is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies.
The AWS Enterprise Support team is seeking engineers that enjoy solving problems, troubleshooting complex issues, working with customers, and have a strong technical background in Linux and Storage technologies. Our support engineers are also the “voice of the customer” and have a strong voice in to the development teams for recurring issues or feature requests. If you’re experienced in Linux/Storage system administration, understand the advantages of working in a highly distributed virtual environment, you might be the person we are looking for!
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
- Field and manage technical customer issues via phone, chat and email
- Work directly with Amazon Web Service engineers and AWS service teams to ensure that customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs
- Leverage your day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer to internal AWS teams
- Drive customer communication during critical events
- Available outside of business hours to manage urgent issues
- The right person will be highly technical, analytical, posses of troubleshooting/service delivery experience
- Systems administration in Linux/Unix (Ubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat, Fedora, Solaris, etc.)
- Fluent in DNS, DHCP, TCP/UDP, IP addressing.
- Knowledge of client/server and distributed systems architectures
- Knowledge of large scale storage architectures and backup/DR strategies
- Understanding of the concepts of Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Good understanding of security best practices
- Motivated and excited to be learning new technologies every single day
- Candidates must have excellent oral and written communication skills in Korean and writing/reading skills in English at professional working proficiency level.
- Technical degree preferred; Computer Science or Math background highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired
- Expertise with IPsec, VPN, Load Balancing, Iperf, MTR, Routing Protocols, SSH, Storage, Network monitoring / troubleshooting tools
- Detailed knowledge of storage protocols: iSCSI, NFS, CIFS, SMB
- Some programming / scripting experience (Java, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- DevOps and automation/configuration tools Puppet/Chef/Ansible/etc.
- Experience with MySQL/PostgresSQL/MSSQL/Oracle.
- Experience working with REST API based services
- Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications