The corporate Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) team is predominantly responsible for offices managed by the Global Real Estate and Facilities function but, also takes responsibility for non-operations sites and subsidiaries as required.
We are hiring this EHS Manager role to join the internal EHS service team in Poland. The successful candidate will be an experienced, innovative, hands-on and customer obsessed individual, passionate about EHS, and able to identify, coordinate and drive improvements in EHS whilst engaging stakeholders. The successful candidate will report directly to the EHS Manager-EEME (Eastern Europe & Middle East), but will be required to work with a high level of autonomy as they will not be based in the same location. The EHS Manager will be a critical member of the corporate EHS service in Poland and, take responsibility for the corporate sites throughout Poland. The EHS Manager does not currently have any line management responsibilities; however will be responsible for EHS vendors.
The EHS Manager must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. You will instruct and train site business leaders on Amazon EHS policies and assist the site teams in incorporating our EHS standards at their site. You will work to identify good practices and support the EHS Manager-EEME to incorporate these standard methodologies into our standards to continuously improve the EHS landscape. The EHS Manager will possess excellent EHS program knowledge and be able demonstrate this expertise. EHS Specialist Responsibilities:
- Possess and update a thorough understanding of local/regional regulations.
- Provide EHS guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable Amazon EHS Policies and legal requirements.
- Ensuring the delivery of EHS performance in line with personal, team and functional goals and objectives, facilitating and/or arranging training programs on critical EHS issues.
- Analyze EHS metrics weekly and monthly to discover trends and rationalize the allocation of resources to areas where the EHS risk is highest.
- Supporting the implementation of EHS programs to constantly improve EHS culture within corporate offices.
- Conduct regular site visits to identify hazards, non-compliance and to improve controls.
- Implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury.
- Support the EHS Manager-EEME to deliver EHS strategic improvements.
- Carrying out EHS risk assessment activities.
- Delivering EHS related training.
- Cooperating with local environmental authorities and H&S agencies.
- Investigate EHS related incidents, and support vendors in their risk assessment activities; complete internal and external incident reports.
- Deliver/support internal assessment/audit processes aligned to Global and Regional strategic objectives.
- Preparing responses to insurers/lawyers in response to personal injury claims received.
- Ensure that site leadership and Associates are trained and knowledgeable on their EHS responsibilities.
- Arranging, facilitating and contributing to worker consultation and participation; e.g. EHS committee meetings.
- Contributing to reduce environmental impacts and maintain a sustainable approach for corporate office activities.
- Any other reasonable request.