The Digital and Device Customer Service (D2CS) vision is to create innovative support experiences for customers of Amazon’s devices and digital products, through intelligent self-service solutions and a world-class tech support (D2TS) organization.
Digital & Device Technical Support (D2TS) is looking for a Training Delivery Specialist based in Cape Town who is a strong people leader, skilled program leader, great communicator and innovator. The Training Specialist will lead and support a team of up to 30 Technical Support Associates.
The number one priority for this role is to provide an exceptional training experience. The ideal Training Delivery Specialist creates an optimal adult learning environment (both in person and virtually) that encourages long term success. The Training Delivery Specialist is responsible for the coaching, development, performance and engagement of their Associates.
Training Delivery Specialists deliver programs of diverse modalities that include but are not limited to, self-directed, instructor led, virtual, and experiential learning. They are professionals in using quantitative and qualitative data to identify training and coaching needs. A Training Delivery Specialist is a clever communicator. They utilize the most effective training techniques to engage Associates and manage learning sessions. They are also leaders in driving initiatives and programs that continuously improve the training experience.They have knowledge of adult learning and training practices.
Training Delivery Specialists are open and approachable, engage with their people individually to understand how to most effectively coach and motivate them, and invest time in developing their people. They build a work environment where associates are empowered and feel a positive sense of achievement about their role in delivering world class service.
Training Delivery Specialists are experts in articulating the Amazon mission and deeply understand the expectations of the Amazon Contact Tenets and Leadership Principles. They ensure people understand the importance of their role and how it supports the Amazon flywheel.
Training Delivery Specialists will perform tasks that include:
• Facilitating blended learning for new hires, up-skilling, and cross-skilling where needed.
• Supporting the planning, scheduling, and coordination of D2CS associate training.
• Facilitating the appropriate, effective, and timely execution of launch trainings and standard training plans across different geographies and languages.
• Tracking and reporting on completion of training.
• Facilitating the collection and submission of training feedback and technical issues from learners.
• Managing relevant tasks within the Learning Management System (LMS), such as enrollment, scheduling, and troubleshooting implementation issues.
• Ensuring the accuracy of training records within the LMS.
Partnering with stakeholders to identify areas for improvement and innovation in training implementation.
· Regular (non-seasonal) Employee.
· Bachelor's degree or six months of experience in Amazon CS.
· 6 months of experience in the D2 skill within the last 3 months.
· Ability to work full-time hours.
· Fluent English and German, spoken and written is required.
· Must be meeting or exceeding current performance standards (PRR or equivalent metrics).
· Able to work a flexible shift (including nights, weekend and overtime) with short notice.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Experience in the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Power point, Word).
· Demonstrated experience developing training material, job aids and online tutorials. Please ensure ths is provided to the recruiter prior to closing date.
· Experience in Amazon training and another corporate training environment.
· Candidate must be comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high-energy environment.
· Minimum six months experience in a leadership role.
· Proven people manager experience.
· Creative problem solvers with strong analytical skills.
· Strong mathematic and organizational/time management skills.
· Proven track record of process improvement.