Do you want to transform the way people enjoy video, music & books? Come join the team that made Prime Music, Spotify, Pandora, Live radio, Audible books, Kindle books, Podcasts, and more available to Alexa customers.
We are looking for a senior business intelligence engineer to join our Applied Modeling and Data Science team in the area of speech and language data processing. We are seeking a customer-obsessed individual with strong analytical skills and technology experience to help us measure, analyze and solve complex problems. Your work will directly impact how we evolve and grow this key initiative, an internal analytics suite comprised of self-service dashboards, tools, and queries to help the Alexa organization keep pace with its growth.
A successful candidate knows and loves working with business intelligence tools, is comfortable accessing and working with data from multiple sources, and can partner with internal stakeholders to help drive operations. They have a restlessness to answer “why?” questions and are passionate about using data to drive decision-making. As a key member of the team they will play an integral part in the program by successfully partnering with various data customers -- scientists, analysts, operations, data warehouse and product teams to support business needs.Responsibilities
- Design, implement, and support a platform providing ad hoc access to large datasets
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL
- Model data and metadata for ad hoc and pre-built reporting
- Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete reporting solutions
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
- Participate in strategic & tactical planning discussions, including annual budget processes
If you enjoy solving complex problems and delivering technical solutions at scale, come talk to us!