We are looking for a Senior HR Business Partner to work with the senior management team in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) business to drive results, increasing organizational effectiveness and efficiency. This includes implementing annual HR programs such as performance reviews, promotions, manager and employee development, succession planning, and action plans resulting from employee surveys.
This position will support employees in our teams in Mexico, Argentina, Chile and Colombia and will partner with clients throughout the planning and execution for these programs, tying them back to the business strategy. Also, work to improve organizational design and structure, provide change leadership and management coaching, as well as design and deliver management training. Lead and participate in cross group and companywide projects such as creation of new job families and career paths for Amazon’s employees, development of internal processes and policies, plus recognition and retention programs. Key Responsibilities:
- Work with senior management and the HR teams to develop and implement HR plans and solutions.
- Partner with the business on organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning, and skills assessment and development.
- Provide management coaching to front line managers and senior leaders.
- Assess business unit's HR training needs and conduct 1:1 and group training sessions as appropriate.
- Review and analyze business metrics including data on retention and employee experience in order to recommend systemic improvements.
- Partner with the business to lead both annual and mid-year review processes which focus on performance management and talent development.
- Provide compensation support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, promotions and job re-leveling.
- Work with line managers and employees to address all types of employee relations issues, fairly representing all interests.
- Work with business groups to assess, create and implement innovative solutions for a variety of employee engagement initiatives within the client group.
- Ensure consistency of application of our HR policies and procedures and alignment of HR related programs by partnering with peers and colleagues.
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle the ‘hands-on’ day-to-day management of tasks, resolution of problems and issues and experience in implementing action plans to meet account objectives
- Audit HR client group use of self-service and defects to understand a business need for additional training
- Identify and evaluate trends related to defects and service delivery gaps across multiple businesses
- Strong data extraction, analytical and problem solving skills; ability to work with large, complex data sets; Excel skills are required.