At Amazon, innovation drives growth and enables us to offer our customers more types of products conveniently and at even lower prices. Amazon Kindle is a revolutionary device and one of the most innovative businesses at Amazon. We envision wireless electronic reading experiences that embrace a physical book's simplicity and utility but takes advantage of our store platform and the Kindle's ubiquitous wireless connectivity. Our vision for Kindle is to offer every book, ever written, in any language, all available within 60 seconds.
The Amazon Kindle team is seeking a Risk Management Specialist for our Kindle Books Self Publishing Operation. This is an exciting opportunity to work on highly visible projects and be part of history in the making!
The Risk Management Specialist will:
- Drive Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and expedient resolutions for critical issues
- Leverage technology and innovation to bring continuous improvement to the operational processes
- Work effectively in a cross-functional environment with legal, technical, and product management teams
- Evaluate copyright and appropriateness for content submitted through Amazon.com's Kindle Direct Publishing
- Effectively prioritize work time to ensure productivity and fulfill team standards for time spent in order to consistently achieve service levels
- Candidates must be willing to view and evaluate content that may be considered religiously sensitive, politically extreme or otherwise offensive
- Possess accountability for optimizing the self-publishing process to achieve operational goals
- 8 hour work day to be during a 7am to 8pm time period