Senior Manager – Financial Services and Regulated Industries, APAC DESCRIPTION
Would you like to be part of a public policy team that is driving the adoption of cloud computing in highly regulated industry verticals, such as financial services, healthcare, telecommunications, and utilities in the Asia Pacific (including Japan) region? Amazon Web Services (AWS)* is the leading provider of cloud computing services, providing IT infrastructure offerings such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services and more. The AWS Public Policy team is at the forefront of helping customers maximize the benefits of cloud computing by removing regulatory and policy blockers to cloud adoption. This is particularly crucial for customers in market segments that are difficult to penetrate because of regulatory requirements.
AWS is looking for a talented, innovative, and well-connected individual to represent AWS before policymakers in highly regulated industries. The focus for this role is on financial services. However experience in healthcare, telecommunications, and utilities will also be beneficial. The successful candidate will proactively build relationships with key policymakers, politicians and influencers, and will coordinate efforts with local and global AWS management and business teams to ensure alignment between core business priorities and public policy goals. You will be responsible for advocating for favorable policies and regulations to promote AWS’ business interests in highly regulated industry verticals and developing strategies to convince regulators of the security and innovation potential of the cloud. This Singapore-based position reports to the Director for AWS Public Policy, APAC, and includes the following responsibilities:
* For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com
- Develop and execute advocacy strategies that mitigate policy risks to the business and advance business opportunities in highly regulated industry verticals such as financial services, healthcare, telecommunications, and utilities, among others;
- Engage relevant government agencies and public/private stakeholder groups on issues critical to AWS business in these verticals. Work with internal stakeholders and experts to identify opportunities and risks arising from policy and regulatory developments;
- Facilitate high-level meetings between AWS executives and key stakeholders, including senior government officials, regulators, industry associations and alliance partners to promote company advocacy positions;
- Craft and contribute to policy submissions and engage in consultations with relevant regulators;
- Contribute to advocacy efforts within AWS including coordinating and developing public policy collateral such as policy position papers and talking points; and
- Drive strategic third party engagement through industry associations/coalitions, and leverage outside consultants when appropriate.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer