We are looking to hire a highly motivated, best-in-class Network Technician to join our growing team within infrastructure operations. The candidate will work with minimum supervision in a dynamic environment to drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation networks and to develop innovative ways to automate and scale our network as we expand.
The position responsibilities will include scaling support of several data center locations and be responsible for day-to-day assistance with capacity management. The Network Technician will work closely with both internal customers and external vendors to facilitate smooth project execution as directed by Technical Program Managers.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has significant experience in supporting large scale, enterprise class networks. Excellent network implementation and troubleshooting skills combined with a proven documentation methodology is also required. Strong written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers are required. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential. In addition to providing top-tier management and support of Amazons vast network infrastructure, Network Technicians are expected to build or enhance tools, develop best practices, refine operational procedure and constantly think proactively and innovatively.
- Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes. - Work closely with our Network Engineering & Network Technical Project Manager teams to ensure fast, smooth rollout of new designs and products. - TCP/IP networking knowledge - Broad understanding of infrastructure technologies - Knowledge of network cabling, optic types, and test equipment, such as VFL, power meter, and OTDR.
- Experience with cabling infrastructure best practices and methodologies.
- Familiarity with common networking terms. - Manage work and priorities through ticketing system and workflow - Collaborate with various stakeholders to remove project obstacles - Up to 20% travel may be required - Troubleshoot networking, routing and inter connectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low level application interaction - Troubleshooting cabling infrastructure connectivity issues, including patch panels and patch cords.
- Complete customer requests via Remedy trouble ticketing system - Participate in the migration, basic configuration and rollout of new or upgraded hardware
- Excellent analytical skills - Familiarity with major Internet routing protocols, BGP, OSPF. - Ethernet and IP networking knowledge and experience in the application of IP protocols. - Substantial background in large-scale datacenter network implementations and support. - Experience working in virtualized enterprise-networking environments - Knowledge or awareness of IT best practice frameworks (ITIL, COBIT) and Operational Excellence concepts or methodologies is a plus
Other Qualifications & Responsibilities - Experience dealing with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently under pressure. - Effective prioritization and time management.
Physical requirements - The ability to sit in front of computer for entire scheduled 8-hour shift with appropriate breaks while maintaining a high level of alertness and attention to detail. - Ability to move and lift computer equipment up to 50lbs. cn-aws-tca