Souq.com is now part of amazon family. Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 41 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products.
Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 4,000 employees, We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India, offering a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
We are seeking a senior leader in the field of Quality to join and lead our team responsible for managing Inventory and Quality Analysis for our Fulfillment Centers in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment of the rapidly growing Indian market. The leader will be responsible to build programs to error proof Fulfillment Center processes to sustain world class quality through explosive growth. In this role, you will partner with the FC leadership, dive deep into processes, identify defect sources, and build programs and improve processes to eliminate those defects, both in existing and new fulfillment centers. This role calls for an individual who is technically smart to gain credibility with customers and stake holders at various levels of the organization. The role will be responsible for rolling out all amazon processes and best practises across the region.
The successful candidate:
- Is smart, hard-working and creative person who loves business, loves solving difficult problems and loves ‘getting it done’
- Can think big and develop new ideas, simultaneously good at nurturing new ideas and applying high standards to weed out those that are least valuable.
- Is comfortable collaborating and influencing team members, working with development teams and other business groups, and presenting projects to senior leadership on a regular basis.
- Has the ability to partner to build and execute on new initiatives and roadmaps each year.
- Will take fierce ownership of the quality metrics and processes and will partner with the sites to drive innovation and process rigor to achieve world class quality levels.
- Will compile, manage and report on weekly project metrics and be responsible for leading many high profile meetings to align on project requirements.
- Build relationships and identify with stakeholders across the organization.
- Has the technical aptitude to quickly grasp complex technical issues and communicate directly with technical teams.
- Possesses or can quickly learn fulfillment center operational skills to identify and implement solutions that scale with our scale.