Souq.com an Amazon Subsidiary is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 40 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including Fashion, Books, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Household Goods, Watches, Perfumes, Toys, and Baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
The Online Merchandiser is in charge of the products catalog on the e-commerce platform and through the different devices (web and mobile).Operations
- Responsible of the display and availability / stocks of the products online post co-ordination with the category retail and marketplace teams.
- Gather the products content (descriptions, characteristics, visuals, categories) from the marketing team and ensure compliance with technical specifications along with advising the graphic designers.
- Manage the products online: from the integration and maintenance of new references to the products content upload, optimization and technical support. In case of any QC gaps needs to be taken up with content team.
- In charge of the products lifecycle on the website (categories, events, promotions and sales) with the marketing team and category.
- Key deliverables include – ensuring category views with marketing, benchmark CTR and conversion for all real estate properties, maintain promotion calendar every month.
- Responsible for the products performances, the related user experience and their improvement (based on analytics and reporting).
- Ensure the product pages onsite SEO compliance.
- In charge of the product pages content and user experience.
- Stock control: with in-stock managers
- Make sure stocks are available in eCommerce back office.
- Based on stock level reports and best sellers products, send recommendation to Store manager for purchase.
- Follow up on stock inflows with the buying team and the business analyst.
- Ensure consistency of product SKUs and labels with ERP systems.
- Align with the Online Brand Strategy plan and assist the dedicated teams on operational actions for acquisition, Promotion, retention, communication, etc.