Strategically, AWS Engagement Managers seek to understand our customer’s needs, their business, how success is defined, and ensure that we are exceeding expectations in delivery and developing valued solutions. Engagement Managers lead individuals, teams or multiple groups and play an active role in analyzing project goals, creating a plan to achieve those goals, and then driving the AWS team members, customer Stakeholders/SMEs and potentially other third parties to achieve those goals while understanding the client environment and any limitations to execution.
Tactically, AWS Engagement Managers are responsible for managing scope, schedule, and cost. Our Engagement Managers leverage AWS’s delivery methodology to manage project teams made up of both business and technical resources. Engagement Managers must leverage their management and leadership capabilities to successfully deliver to their team(s) plan, proactively identify and manage risks, resolve issues and escalate where appropriate to drive projects to successful completion, while exceeding customer expectations. Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize and manage all phases of a project lifecycle to ensure successful delivery including governance plans, project schedules, team goals and success criteria, project milestones and budgets, as well as ownership of issues and risks.
- Motivate and build relationships with cross-functional team members, sponsors, key stakeholders and executives
- Challenge, recommend and redirect teams as well as client expectations as necessary for successful program and project delivery.
- Proactively identify ways to improve process efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Manage a matrix environment with multiple stakeholders