Strategically, AWS Engagement Managers seek to understand our customer’s needs, their business, how success is defined, and ensure that we are exceeding expectations in delivery and developing valued solutions. Engagement Managers lead individuals, teams or multiple groups and play an active role in analyzing project goals, creating a plan to achieve those goals, and then driving the AWS team members, customer Stakeholders/SMEs and potentially other third parties to achieve those goals while understanding the client environment and any limitations to execution.
Tactically, AWS Engagement Managers are responsible for managing scope, schedule, and cost. Our Engagement Managers leverage AWS’s delivery methodology to manage project teams made up of both business and technical resources. Engagement Managers must leverage their management and leadership capabilities to successfully deliver to their team(s) plan, proactively identify and manage risks, resolve issues and escalate where appropriate to drive projects to successful completion, while exceeding customer expectations.
- Demonstrates ability to plan, organize and manage all phases of a project lifecycle to ensure successful delivery. This includes developing and managing project governance plans, project schedules, team goals and success criteria, project milestones, and budgets. Also includes ownership and responsibility to manage issues, risks, decisions and outcomes from their team’s tasks and activities, and the overall success of a project.
- A team player who effectively integrates, motivates and builds relationships with cross-functional team members (local or remote), sponsors, key stakeholders, executives, and other individuals or organizations involved with or affected by the project.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand the operating styles of others as well as team/client relationships, team dynamics, and adjusts behavior accordingly to succeed. Recognizes environmental or cultural nuances and adapts.
- Ability to challenge, recommend and redirect teams as well as client expectations as necessary for successful program and project delivery.
- Actively looks for ways to improve process efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Takes proactive steps to ensure teams meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Ability to demonstrate experience to successfully manage two or more concurrent projects/customers.
- Experience leveraging formal project management and development methodologies on an enterprise level engagement.
- Has managed projects using Waterfall, Iterative and Agile methodologies.
- Possesses a deep knowledge of project management best practices and how to apply them in an effective yet pragmatic way across large, complex projects.
- A history of increasing leadership responsibility and career growth in project management.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with team members and audiences of all levels. Plans and oversees the preparation and dissemination of project communications.
- Competency in Microsoft Office suite, Microsoft Project toolsets and source code management products.