Amazon is seeking a Senior Security Operations Engineers who can take on a key role in our innovative, high-energy SecOps team. The right candidate must thrive in high-pressure situations, think like both an attacker and defender, and help relevant teams to take the right actions in the right timeframes to mitigate risks.
The SecOps team is responsible for the continuous improvement of AWS Security Response program, detecting and responding to threats together with customers and driving impraovement back into the service. The SecOps team are also responsible for liaising with customers on activities that require greater security judgment. They work hands-on developing detective capabilities, identifying mitigations to vulnerabilities and respond to potential threats to Amazon systems. SecOps Engineers are unique individuals prepared to relentlessly resolve security issues by gathering and analyzing event data and conducting root-cause analysis.
This position requires a person with a security background who will show initiative by proactively identifying security flaws and vulnerabilities, quickly assessing the potential risk, driving for the right architecture decisions across many different teams to harden infrastructure, and educating other members of the broader team.
Security Engineers are expected to develop elegant solutions to complex business problems and apply appropriate technologies while following security engineering best practices. You are also expected to mentor more junior engineers and be a security thought manager for the organization.
The successful candidate will have a good mix of deep technical knowledge and a demonstrated background in information security. We value broad and deep technical knowledge, specifically in the fields of cryptography, network security, software security, malware analysis, forensics, security operations, incident response, and emergent security intelligence.
Responsibilities: · Provide front-line response to detection systems and alarms as part of a global follow-the-sun team.
· Confidently and intelligently respond to security incidents, and proactively consider how to prevent the same type of incidents from occurring in the future.
· Knowledge of all AWS Security and services on how to deploy and operate within a customers account.
· Design and coordinate cohesive responses to security events that involve multiple teams across the organization.
· Ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels of sensitivity, and multiple audiences.
· Recognize, adopt and instill the best practices in security engineering fields throughout the organization: development, cryptography, network security, security operations, incident response, security intelligence.
· Build security utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow Security Engineers to operate at high speed and wide scale.
· Provide subject matter expertise on architecture, authentication and system security.
· Fulfill regular on-call responsibilities.