Amazon is seeking an exceptional Finance Manager to be a key partner in the Global Finance Operations Accounting organization. Finance Operations is a fast-paced group within Amazon where new challenges arise every day. This position will partner with Global Operations and Accounting teams, as well as Finance Technology teams to support and deliver on global projects impacting every part of our Finance Operations organization.
The ideal candidate is a inquisitive self-starter with a strong technical accounting background, systems design expertise, problem solving skills and attention to detail who will take ownership and deliver results related to delivering accounting requirements, oversight for financial system designs, and engaging with our other teams to prioritize automation and resource road maps. This role has regular interaction with various business units across Amazon across the globe and requires strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Successful candidates for this individual contributor position will have a minimum of eight years professional experience in similar positions in larger public companies. Candidates will have a demonstrable history of accomplishing unusually complex challenges in accounting, project management, and systems implementation.
- Providing project support and assistance to Amazon's EU business and development teams with the design of new products or offerings to ensure successful project delivery and controllership;
- Ownership of executing large scale process improvement opportunities within new business launches and existing processes and controls, including defining scope, goals and deliverables in collaboration with senior leadership and stakeholders;
- Highlighting accounting improvement opportunities on specific processes and accounts and partnering with EU operations and accounting teams to implement;
- Coordinating with operations and accounting teams in Europe, America and Asia and ensuring strong communication, reporting, and best practices are identified, implemented and followed
- Influencing business decisions with effective verbal and written communication, data driven analysis and presentation of alternatives
Base pay for this position is 3.530 EUR and there are further pay components within the total compensation