Position: Senior Manager, Human Resources
Location: Cebu About Amazon.com
“Many of the problems we face have no textbook solution, and so we-happily-invent new ones.” – Jeff Bezos
Amazon.com – a place where builders can build. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers. A Fortune 100 company based in Seattle, Washington, Amazon is the global leader in e-commerce. Amazon offers everything from books and electronics to apparel and diamond jewelry. We operate sites worldwide and are looking for a HR leader to manage and grow our Philippines Customer Service business.
We want you to help share and shape our mission to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of invention that is part of our DNA. We do this every day by inventing elegant and simple solutions to complex technical and business problems. We're making history and the good news is that we've only just begun. Job Description:
As we build the organization, we are looking for Senior Manager – HR. The individual will be HR leader for Philippines CS operations. In this role he/she will support the Business Unit management to develop and implement HR plans and solutions in order to achieve strategic business initiatives and deliver results. This work includes, but is not limited to, increasing workforce capability, providing change leadership, talent management / succession planning and supporting day-to-day operations as well as on-going process improvement. This role drives project management for various HR initiatives including management training and development, succession planning, policy review and implementation, etc.
The Philippines market for Amazon customer service is quickly growing, the Sr. HR manager will be critical in making business decisions, creating and cultivating Amazon culture, partnering worldwide with different operations leaders to ensure HR excellence Essential Functions 1.
Business Partnering: Facilitate manager level discussion related to human resources planning; provide guidance, consultation and effective solutions to contribute value for client’s business. Providing partnering and interface at all levels of the organization. Implement/administer/interpret corporate policies/programs/procedures to be applicable to country-specific needs. 2.
Performance Management / Reward planning: Annual performance review process, the annual grant process, succession planning process and other employee development programs for the client groups. 3.
Employee Relations: Keep a pulse on employee morale, productivity and effectiveness; assist in implementing strategies to sustain/improve the workforce (retention). Coaches and educates managers on resolving more complex employee relations issues. Responds proactively to employee and manager issues and is available for consultation. Promote positive work environment and launch with strong Amazon culture. 4.
Training and Development:
Take ownership to provide inter department training session to team members. Collaborate with Leadership Talent Development to plan/implement training sessions to Jr. management and below. 5.
Recruiting: Tracks fixed headcount and positions requisitions within team. Initiate, implement and manage effective sourcing strategies to support all recruiting especially exempt employees and ensures the bar is continually maintained and raised. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner w/ business on workforce planning, succession planning, and skills assessment
- Review and analyze business unit data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and employee experience
- Work with line managers and employees to address all types of employee relations issues ensuring a balance in representing all parties’ interests
- Lead, develop, motivate and support the HR team to ensure excellence in service delivery
- Assess business unit’s human resources training needs and conduct 1:1 and/or group training sessions as appropriate
- Implement/administer/interpret corporate policies/programs/procedures
- Promote positive work environment
- Plan, manage and provide continuous improvement to all aspects of the client organization and leadership review process and the strategic objectives therein. This includes both annual and mid-year processes which focus on performance management and talent development.
- Partner with managers to retain, develop and motivate people to achieve their fullest potential.
- Working with business groups assess, create and implement innovative solutions for a variety of employee engagement initiatives within client group
- Provide ongoing support to the leadership team on human resources related matters, policies and procedures
- Provide compensation support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, promotions and job re-leveling
- Responsible for statutory compliance across all sites