Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Premium Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within Amazon developing these new capabilities.
The AWS Premium Support team is seeking an experienced Workforce Analyst to provide world class support to our AWS support sites operations team. This role will be responsible for building relationships with a site’s leadership teams and helping them execute on a staffing plan for highly complex engineering teams that provide 24/7 supports for 70+ services within AWS.
Key Expectations of the AWS Workforce Analyst include:
o Supports the site management team by optimizing the staffing requirements that fit site’s needs
- Creates weekly level capacity plan for a site and resolves the differences of this plan to the monthly plan provided by the global capacity planning team
- Creates mitigation plans for capacity risks or gaps by managing dependencies across multiple operating units
- Coordinates with local site operations and the global capacity planning team to analyze historical data and forecast demand for that site
- Manages the analyses of daily, weekly, and monthly reporting of site performance via Key Performance Indicators (e.g., service level)
- Builds a strong relationship with the site operations team to ensure proper execution of the capacity plan as well as provides general education regarding to the best workflow management practices
- Provides the optimal workforce and capacity planning solutions for the upcoming initiatives and new service launches at that site
- Be actively engaged with our queue and routing mechanisms to make proactive changes for long term trends, as well as real time adjustments for events that occur