Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 41 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products.
Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 4,000 employees, We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India, offering a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
The Buying Assistant position is for a well-organized analytical thinker with great attention to detail and effective project management. Prioritizing and multi-tasking as well as having a passion to drive category growth are essential skills required for the job. This candidate must be an effective leader and communicator as they will be working with leading brands, vendors as well as internal colleagues and cross-functional departments, whilst providing pivotal support to the Category Head and Vendor Managers. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a willingness to take the initiative and look for opportunities to streamline processes and identify opportunities for business growth.
Vendor liaison, managing day-to-day relationships and communication, assisting in range selection, order placing and delivery.
Category management, having a thorough understanding of internal and external variables that impact the category, whilst continually monitoring industry trends.
- System Management
- Product creation
- Product Pricing
- Data Capturing
- Sales, Sell-Through and Trend Analysis
- Order placing and tracking
- Production Planning, managing the process flow for Content creation/Samples/Product Images/Product information
- Category Performance analysis and re-order management
- Liaison between business functions ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Campaign Merchandising Support, highlighting category focus points, new arrivals and key campaign launches
- Have a complete understanding of customer needs and use that to drive delivery of product and features to create an unparalleled shopping experience.