At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. We are looking for an EU MOD (Manufactuing-On-Demand) Facilities Area Manager who will have responsibility to drive the MOD business to the next level. PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
· To lead the site Engineering and Facilities Technicians in providing both a reactive and pro-active, multi-skilled maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure within the FC.
- To promote health and safety awareness by Amazon Associates and contractors. Ensure compliance with all Amazon polices and guidelines and ensure appropriate risk assessments and working systems are in place.
- To ensure all Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) is completed safely, cost effectively, on time and to a satisfactory standard.
- To provide a service that ensures all mechanical and electrical equipment is running to its optimum performance and that all departmental SLA’s and KPI’s are met; react in a timely manner to Trouble Tickets (TT).
- To maximise availability of all mechanical and electrical equipment through continuous improvement and improve equipment efficiencies and reduce costs through Kaizens and other initiatives.
- To liaise with contractors or external suppliers and clearly communicate Amazon safety, technical and contractual issues and standards; ensure compliance with the Spending and Transaction Policy.
- To ensure adequate resources, equipment and people, are in place to meet operational needs; including scheduling of shift patterns for the team and purchasing equipment so that spare levels are met and maintained.
- Create and manage Engineering and Facilities budgets for the site, both capital (CAPEX) and operational (OPEX).
- Produce weekly reports covering metrics and performance of the site and team.
- Line management Engineering & Facilities Technicians and Leads for the site; including 1-2-1 meetings/reviews, time and attendance in line with Amazon policies, sickness in line with Amazon policies.
- Recruit, train and develop the Engineering and Facilities Technicians and Apprentices.