AWS is one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses, servicing millions of customers in more than 190 countries, reshaping the way global enterprises consume information technology and powering the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders. AWS customers include some of the most innovative startups like NetFlix, Pintrest, Spotify, airbnb, and Instagram as well as some of the largest global enterprises like Shell International, Unilever, Hitachi, Sharp, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Samsung.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced candidate to manage the execution of the strategic plan and competency program for our top partners focused on the Big Data market segment in Australia and New Zealand. The role works with the Global Segment owners at AWS who are responsible for the overall partner strategy for each segment, which include aligning go to market plans with our top consulting and technology partners along with supporting programs that are focused on driving demand in the segment.
As a key member of the ANZ Partner business, you will have the opportunity to dramatically accelerate adoption of AWS by owning the partner strategy and execution of our Big Data segment. This role has an ANZ responsibility and will work closely with AWS product teams, Partner Development Managers, Solution Architects, professional services, and our sales teams. AWS customers are developing some of the most exciting and innovative new businesses and the Amazon Partner Network (APN) ecosystem is helping to dramatically accelerate innovation on the AWS Cloud.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in technology partnerships and cloud solutions along with strong business development, strategic alliances, and entrepreneurial skills. He/she should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about new business models, solution selling, and technical challenges to help build and convey compelling value propositions for AWS customers with our partners. The candidate should also have a proven track record of influencing innovation through a partner ecosystem with prior solution and program successes.
- Be the subject-matter expert (SME) for the Big Data segment including a knowledge of the top ecosystem partners that make up our Big Data segment in ANZ.
- Own the execution of the strategic plan for each market segment, which includes aligning with partner development managers who manage our top AWS technology and consulting partners focused on Big Data, maximizing influenced revenue driven with and through APN partners
- Working with partner development managers, build C-level relationships with our top partners and generate interest in new AWS programs focused on Big Data solutions.
- Represent the AWS partner strategy for Big Data to our internal and external stakeholders including the AWS sales teams as well as media coverage and industry events focused on the Big Data segment
- Help prioritize AWS investment in partners who focus on the Big Data market segment to drive incremental results for both AWS and selected partners
- Execute go-to-market and routes-to-market plans that have clear and measurable ROI models
- Work with cross functional groups including training and solutions architecture to build enablement programs that allow strategic partners to develop capabilities and achieve proficiency according to AWS competency standards
- Work collaboratively inside of AWS to drive new solutions to market with our product management, solution architect, and professional service teams
- Work collaboratively with AWS Consulting Partners to create solutions that combine our top technology partners with packaged implementation services
- Prepare and give business reviews to AWS senior leaders within APAC
- Effectively team with PR, marketing, legal, and support
- Identify strategic partners that AWS may want to recruit into the Big Data market segment which could include leading startups, consulting companies, and established technology vendors