Amazon Web Services is looking for a highly motivated Technical Business Developer to help build and scale one of the world’s largest and complex networks. Our goal is to become “The Infrastructure Platform” to the world. Our customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. As we expand at a tremendous rate across all of our services, it is our responsibility to maintain that quality and reliability while driving down costs. We look for innovative ways to scale our network as we expand, while driving complex issues to resolution. This opportunity sits within our Transport Services organization where the team is responsible for designing and acquiring the networks that connect Amazon’s Data Center infrastructure together as well as connecting Amazon directly to the outside world.
As a Technical Business Developer for Transport Services, you will play an important role in planning and sourcing backbone capacity in close coordination with other team members. The Technical Business Developer will play a pivotal role in planning, designing and executing on our strategic targets. This individual will be responsible for regional topology designs, capacity planning, and working with both internal teams and customers to understand use cases on our backbone network. You will also be required to work closely with our network operations teams to ensure that what we’re planning and acquiring, will be operationally acceptable.
The ideal candidate will be excited about the incredible opportunity cloud computing represents and will be passionate about building great teams that deliver high quality services. You will be customer centric and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment that requires strong technical and business judgment and great communication skills.
Our Technical Business Developers responsible for sourcing and planning have strong ownership of our network acquisition and implementation strategy and the maintenance of relationships with strategic suppliers to expand and grow Amazon's AWS footprint worldwide. You will work closely with an agile team to find optimal solutions to Amazon's ongoing needs for network capacity. By applying a unique blend of business and technology experience, you will work closely with both outside parties and internal teams to find creative, cost effective, and often unusual solutions to meet Amazon's ongoing growth and expansion needs worldwide.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Serve as a key member of the Network Business Development team in helping to drive overall Infrastructure strategy.
· Negotiate key contracts from a business and technical perspective.
· Undertake fiber diversity and network topology planning for our global backbone.
· Lead initiatives and work closely with teams across the organization, including, network deployment, global expansion, services product management, data center operations, supply chain, procurement, and capacity management.
· Work closely with service owners to understand product roadmaps and devise programs to meet capacity requirements.
· Work with peers to ensure that acquisitions meet our topology requirements.
· Anticipate bottlenecks, manage risk and escalations, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.