Amazon is looking for an analytical, technically skilled, and customer-obsessed individual to join the Amazon Corporate Security team as a Physical and Technical Security Project Manager.
The person in this role will use their project management and technical security skills to manage the corporate security aspects of Global Real Estate and Facilities projects, as well as create strategic partnerships with security vendors and internal customers to help role out a unique and exciting security project management program.
Help shape the future of Amazon!
The position is based in Sydney and will require periodic travel within the APAC region.
In this role, you will work under the direction of the Head of Corporate Security for Asia Pacific. You will develop new relationships with vendors, support regional procurement teams, and will work closely with other Amazon Project Managers and technical staff. Successful candidates will be excellent communicators, highly motivated and effective within a distributed team environment.
You will be expected to use your experience and strong judgment to influence business related security decisions that may have substantial impact on business as usual, and/or project design and implementation.
Key deliverables will include;
- Partnering with local management team to create a security conscious culture;
- Partnering with cross functional teams to identify and mitigate security vulnerabilities in the new product development process;
- Partnering with Global Real Estate and Facilities stakeholders, in support of regional project initiatives, security design and security systems implementation;
- Developing and overseeing standard operating procedure development for design, configuration and implementation of physical security systems for both people protection and the effective storage and management of prototype and other sensitive devices;
- Developing strategies to consistently evolve and improve security related performance and programs - aligned to Amazon’s growth, risks and operations
In the context of project management - the successful candidate is expected to create, establish, implement and validate compliance across the corporate security design spectrum to include: physical security design standards, information security standards, emergency management standards, and facilities management best practices. Successful security projects are expected to leverage technology and systems to create automated processes and support systems that are sustainable and scalable.