The Digital Innovation BDM will help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s cloud computing platform within the enterprise. He/she works on selected accounts reinvent their core offerings through Digital technologies and turn these into replicable models which other customers can use. He/she will be driving the necessary business and technical relationships with customers and partners to establish new business, and enabling the sales team drive the day-to-day interactions with prospects in order to build long-term business opportunity. He/she will also work closely with the product/service teams to help them evolve the products/services and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
The ideal candidate will have a background within Amazon (Retail, Kindle etc.) and can apply Amazon innovation methodologies to customer’s business problems to come up with new offerings. He/she possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must. Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy.
- Help define the AWS Digital (innovation) offerings of selected customers
- Help define innovative digital business models that customer can apply
- Set a strategic business development plan for the Digital Transformation and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction.
- Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
- Fill the business development pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
- Understand and exploit the use of salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
- Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market