Amazon Product Imaging builds the world’s best online shopping experience through photography, video, graphic design, and usability design enabling millions of customers to make more informed purchasing decisions. Imaging at Amazon is a large and fast-growing network of teams located throughout North America, Europe, and Asia, focusing on fashion and product photography, photo retouching, graphic design, video and CGI production, automated image acquisition, and image support services. We are continually innovating and setting new industry standards for showcasing 10s of millions of products across multiple global marketplaces. We are obsessed with innovating on behalf of our customers, and continually push beyond the boundaries of traditional e-commerce photography and videography.
If you thrive on managing large scale creative operations that demand logistical and resource analysis, planning and decision making ability in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment, come join our growing team!
Amazon is looking for an experienced Studio Manager to lead high-volume commercial studio in Melbourne producing world-class imagery for a wide selection of products. As a Studio Manager, you will lead creative and operational teams to create high quality imagery at scale. You will seek to find the right balance between creative and operational imperatives to meet customer and business needs. You will be a thought leader who strategizes and delivers innovative imaging solutions that enhance customer experience (on time and within budget), drive continuous improvement, scale production to meet high volumes, and drive greater efficiency while maintaining quality. You will build strong relationships with retail, technology, finance, external vendors and logistics partners while motivating a team of people to deliver results. RESPONSIBILITIES
- May oversee multiple sites/studios.
- Responsible for leading all functions within the studio(s) and meeting operational goals and metrics, including overseeing operational and creative teams
- Ensures teams are appropriately resourced to deliver against business and operational objectives
- Creates and manages budget based on forecast and target metrics
- Anticipates changing priorities and implements plans (staffing, space planning etc.) to meet business needs Anticipates
- Oversees safety and loss prevention programs
- Collaborates with peers, retail teams and other support functions to identify and implement improvements to the Imaging creation process
- Identifies, leverages and shares imaging innovation at a regional and global level
- Champions ways to leverage technology to improve the customer experience at scale
- Creates external partnerships with vendors/agencies to leverage resources and cost advantages, negotiating contracts as needed
- Uses customer feedback/data to identify and solve for complex imaging issues or opportunities
- Anticipates customer needs and balances these requirements with the needs of the business
- Provides industry expertise and builds plans to differentiate the imaging experience for customers
- Implements scalable changes to category imaging that automate the imaging creation lifecycle
- Creates long-term category solutions with retail team that automate or simplify imaging processes
- Provides leadership, mentoring, training, development and performance management to Operational and Creative leaders
- Continuously builds network of talent inside and outside of company
- Describes the strategic importance of the department’s vision inside and outside of team
- Develops and communicates a department vision that supports the broader organization vision