Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS) in international markets? Do you have the business savvy, industry experience, and technical background necessary to help establish Amazon as a key technology platform provider? Are you passionate about the public sector (government, education, and non-profits)?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for world class candidates to lead and manage strategic partner initiatives and expansion efforts in the territories of Mexico, Central America & the Caribbean.
As a Partner Development Manager within AWS, you will have the exciting opportunity to deliver on our strategy to build mind share and adoption of the AWS cloud computing platform, which includes Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, Amazon Redshift, and Amazon RDS, and many more cloud services. Responsibilities will include driving C-level and field relationships with a set of strategic partners. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships, and managing the day-to-day interactions with these accounts, you will be responsible for driving top line revenue growth and overall market adoption.
This role covers all aspects of the AWS Partner Network (APN) and you will be accountable for managing relationships across the partner spectrum including Consulting, Reseller and Technology ISV partners.
The ideal candidate will possess Mexico, Central America & Caribbean business background and partner management/sales experience, enabling them engage with senior government officials and partners to build the cloud ecosystem and advance AWS business objectives in target markets.
He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions. The position also requires a strong technical acumen, along with working knowledge of software architecture and the enterprise software landscape.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage strategic partner initiatives and in the territories of Mexico, Central America & Caribbean.
- Manage to a clear timeline to execute against the strategy and achieve team goals.
- Develop and execute against a repeatable model for expansion into new markets and establishing foundational partner sales activities.
- Drive global thought leadership on public sector cloud adoption strategies and tactics to support AWS business objectives.
- Work across AWS and broader Amazon (e.g. sales, marketing, public policy, legal, and others) to open new sales channels, shape government accreditation and procurement policy and procedures.
- Work collaboratively and transparently with AWS sales leaders to ensure alignment between core business priorities, public policy goals, and sales enablement activities
- Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. service teams, marketing, PR, legal, support, etc.)
- Keep executive leadership informed on progress against objectives. Assist in the content preparation of senior management business reviews.
- Work with existing partners to define and execute joint sales and Go to Market (GTM) programs focused on the public sector market.
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to define and deliver the overall GTM strategy.
- Engage the partner’s field sales organization, marketing, channels and end customers to create and drive revenue opportunities for AWS.
- Identify specific customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using AWS. Position AWS for internal use by the partner organization.
- Work closely with the partner’s customer base to ensure they are successful using our web services.
- Understand the technical requirements of our solution providers and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and serve as a liaison to the legal group.
This position will be located in Mexico City. It is expected to involve up to 50% travel.
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **