Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of enterprise, government and start-up business and organizations in over 190 countries around the world. Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services officially began offering developer customers access to web services – now widely known as cloud computing – based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform.
Using AWS, developers and businesses across all sizes can take advantage of Amazon's expertise and economies of scale to access resources when their business needs them, delivering results faster and at a lower cost. AWS cloud helps customers save substantial costs and time by eliminating their day-to-day management hassle of running their physical datacenters so that they can focus on their core competence. We have a team of personnel who educate and support our customers in the best practices of using cloud services. The team at AWS is committed to providing developers and businesses with tools and services to make their business agile and more efficient.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for world class candidates to develop relationships and manage the success of our Global Independent Software Vendor (ISV) solution providers.
As a Business Development Manager (BDM) for Startup/VC/Accelerator within AWS, you will have the exciting opportunity to deliver AWS strategy to build mind share and adoption of the AWS cloud computing platform, which includes Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, Amazon SimpleDB, and Amazon RDS, and many more cloud services.
BDM will be responsible for owning the strategic relationship with VCs, startup communities, and Accelerators in China, and delivering AWS strategy to build mind share and drive adoption of the AWS platform in the startup ecosystem. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships, and managing the day-to-day interactions, BDM will be responsible for driving AWS revenue growth of startups and startup market adoption.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them engage at the CXO level, as well as a sales background that enables them to easily interact with startup customers and sales/field Reps. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions. The position also requires a strong technical acumen, along with working knowledge of software architecture and the enterprise software landscape.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to define and deliver the overall GTM strategy. Set a strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction.
· Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. service teams, marketing, PR, legal, support, etc.). Work with existing partners to define and execute joint sales and Go to Market (GTM) programs. Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team.
· Engage with Venture Capitals, incubators, accelerators, startup communities, and startups end customers to create and drive revenue opportunities for AWS. This includes developing detailed account plans to track the progress of top startup partners and achievement to goals.
· Identify specific customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using AWS. Ensure that AWS is the startups’ Preferred Cloud Computing platform across all product lines.
· Working experience with CRM systems, data warehousing and other analytic tools to establish detailed metrics for tracking purposes.