Amazon Web Services Title:
Startup Business Development Manager, Taiwan Location:
Taipei JOB DESCRIPTION: The AWS Startup BD team
works directly with many of the top startups in the world. We spend our days interfacing with founders of early-stage hot startups, top accelerator and incubator leadership teams, many early-stage angel and VC investors, and navigating cross-AWS and Amazon to enable startups to realize outsized success. The team is comprised of rare group of high-caliber founders, investment professionals and accelerator operators, many of who have extensive global background, to drive high-impact initiatives across AWS to build the startup ecosystem in Greater China region and support the next generation of startup entrepreneurs.
This is a great opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing startups of all time (that is, Amazon Web Services, a subsidiary of Amazon.com) while being plugged into the center of the global startup ecosystem and disruptive technology evolution that is reshaping and redefining how we live. We’re hiring for roles across major startup hubs in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan and seeking driven and talented team members who are passionate about startup life and helping startup founders.
We’re inviting you to join our team as Startup Business Development Manager
(Taipei) to drive the awareness and adoption of the AWS cloud across the startup verticals and hubs in Taiwan. Your job is to help discover, grow, and keep the top startups in the world on AWS. This will be accomplished in collaboration with business development and field sales counterparts to identify, accelerate, and win sales and business development opportunities with top startup customers and prospects.
The responsibilities for this hybrid sales/business development role include territory strategy creation, direct sales and account management engagement with startup customers to assist with service adoption and cost/architecture optimization needs, and execution of business development activities designed to help AWS's startup customers grow their own businesses.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables you to drive engagement and interact with partners and managers of startup organizations such as venture capital firms, accelerators and incubators, as well as a technical background that enables you to easily interact with startup founders, software developers and architects. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must, as is the ability to leverage and motivate AWS’s global organization to achieve high-impact results in tandem.
If you have background as a startup founder, where you’ve built a business, likely raised capital, and experienced the arc of business-building from nothing to something, that will also be a major plus. Sales-Oriented Responsibilities
Business Development-Oriented Responsibilities:
- Serve as an Account Manager to high potential early-stage startup customers affiliated with AWS' top accelerator, incubator, and venture capital partners.
- Serve as an escalation point for field sales teams managing startup customers requiring white glove support.
- Identify high potential startups running on competing platforms, develop and execute on migration strategies in partnership with field sales teams.
- Advise field sales teams on startup market trends and strategies to win/accelerate opportunities with startup customers.
- Ensure all high potential startups have full awareness of and access to the resources Startup Business Development, AWS, and Amazon offer (people, programs, credits, etc).
- Identify and engage top startups in Go-To-Market and other partnership-oriented opportunities.
- Increase AWS affinity and drive AWS adoption via engagement in one-to-many startup/founder ecosystem events in the field (AWS-led and 3rd-party, large-scale and intimate).
- Serve as a key member of the Startup BD Greater China team in helping drive overall AWS market and technical strategy in the startup ecosystem.
- Execute strategic initiatives for AWS, while working closely with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales, partners, marketing, technical, support, training, etc).
- Understand and actively utilize salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems to manage reporting, tracking, measuring, analysis, and goal attainment for the Startup BD team.
- Prepare and deliver data-driven reviews to the senior management about progress, achievements, and roadblocks in the early stage startup business.
- Develop relationship in the broader startup ecosystem with investors (angels, VC investors, government funds, etc), technology media, co-working space, startup organizations, and all major stakeholders that have strong influence on early-stage startups.
- Participate actively in startup community events of all kinds to identify high potential startups and build personal relationship to startup founders and influencers.