Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 41 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products.
Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 4,000 employees, We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India, offering a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.Primary Responsibilities:
The Loss Prevention Manager - KSA will be responsible for partnering with the Operations team spread across various cities across the country to execute company security policies and provide security services and asset (lives, inventory in transit and within delivery centre, buildings, equipment, data, & intellectual property) protection within the assigned location and the surrounding geography.The specific areas of focus include, loss exposure/loss controls analysis, investigations of theft and loss, physical security systems and controls, contract guarding services, loss prevention education and awareness programs, background screening, workplace violence and loss prevention audit programs. In order to ensure that the said standards and methods are deployed, in respect of strategic plans, consistently across all countries and business units within the region, the job holder will develop and maintain key relationships and collaborations with leaders across our fulfillment and distribution network in the region. The role will have responsibilities for Security and Loss Prevention strategy in KSA, and will report to a Regional Lead.
- Possess a thorough understanding of central/state security issues and demonstrate excellence in ability to implement and ensure sites compliance with company security policies and any industry or merchant requirements.
- Drive the process by which compliance with all corporate loss prevention program standards is attained.
- Identify, develop and implement additional Loss Prevention program elements required to meet the unique needs of the region.
- Effectively partner with operations and support functions in evaluating current and future business processes and initiatives.
- Serve as a member of a coordinated team of Loss Prevention Managers in relentlessly pursuing improvements to company-wide Loss Prevention program efforts.
- Perform interior and exterior Loss Prevention audits, being alert to and responding to any security of Loss Prevention issues noted.
- Monitor facilities for compliance with Amazon/Souq.com security and Loss Prevention policies
- Perform various Loss Prevention inspections, audits, and investigations as required
- Encourage and promote Loss Prevention within the workforce exercising integrity and ethical methods.
- Support the development and deployment of cost effective security systems and solutions to mitigate risks and Modus Operandi.
- Establish and use risk assessment processes to identify and prioritize risks and mitigation means.
- Liaise and cooperate with law enforcement and industry bodies to support Souq.com interests.
- Liaise and cooperate with vendors, suppliers and partners to effectively resolve exposures and mitigate risks.
- Positively reflect the Souq.com security/Loss Prevention department through public relations and customer service; set a personal example of the highest level.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Loss Prevention best practices in supply chain, distribution and delivery centers to include: application of physical security systems, investigation techniques/laws of arrest, management of contract guard agencies, delivery carriers’ loss mitigation techniques.
- Conduct new hire orientation and training.
- Utilize Kaizen, Lean and Six Sigma methods to drive process improvements and increase efficiency.