Would you like to be part of a public policy team that is driving the adoption of cloud computing in Southeast Asia? The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Public Policy team is at the forefront of helping customers maximize the benefits of cloud computing by removing regulatory and political blockers to cloud adoption. We do this by working with governments as they develop and revise policies related to the digital economy, including cloud first policies, data protection regulations, outsourcing guidelines, cyber security policies, tax policy, and over the top regulations.
AWS is looking for a talented, innovative, and well-connected individual to represent AWS in Vietnam before policymakers that are strategically important to the AWS business. The successful candidate will proactively build relationships with key policymakers, politicians and influencers. You will develop and execute strategies that mitigate policy risks to the business, as well as advance strategic business opportunities in these market segments. This position will also lead AWS’s participation in strategic business associations and coalitions in Vietnam. You will become familiar with all aspects of AWS’s business, and interface directly with the business units in the region. This Hanoi-based government affairs and policy position, which reports to the ASEAN head of public policy and is part of the APAC Public Policy team, shall:
- Develop and implement government affairs campaigns for AWS in Vietnam that result in policies that enable cloud computing adoption by customers, including start-ups, mature businesses in highly-regulated sectors and government agencies;
- Represent key positions directly and through industry associations/coalitions or third-parties to the Vietnamese government;
- Work collaboratively and transparently with the AWS business units to ensure alignment between core business priorities, public policy goals and “go to market” strategies;
- Advise the AWS business (including those with limited familiarity with Vietnam) on how to navigate and manage regulatory and political risk in Vietnam
- Facilitate high-level meetings between AWS executives and key stakeholders, including senior government officials, regulators, industry associations and alliance partners to promote and advocate the company’s public policies;
- Determine, maintain and staff appropriate corporate membership opportunities in industry associations/coalitions on behalf of AWS, and ensure appropriate utilization of high judgment, high integrity outside consultants.
The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. Note: The Vietnam country lead will also temporarily support government relations efforts in Thailand, until such time that a separate dedicated resource is brought on board.