Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Customer Service team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of customers that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
AWS Customer Service provides global support to a wide range of external customers as they build mission-critical applications on top of AWS services such as Amazon S3 and Amazon EC2. We help our customers understand what Cloud Computing is all about, and whether it can be useful for their business needs. We help with account and billing related inquiries, and interface with AWS teams to provide the perspective of the Voice of the Customer.
Do you think Cloud Computing is fascinating? Do you ever ponder the backbone that powers internet TV and social media? Are you passionate about driving customer success? Interested in learning new technologies? Do you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment? Do you love discussing new technologies with your friends and family? Does the idea of launching a load balanced java application in Singapore from your laptop in Seattle make you smile?
As an AWS CS Technical Lead you are responsible for ensuring that front line Technical Customer Service Associates (TCSAs) are setup for success. You will provide coaching and training as need to help the TCSAs meet their performance metrics. You will field the customer e-mail and phone contacts and interface with other AWS groups to drive resolution on issues that cannot be solved by your immediate team. You will be the Subject Matter Expert that TCSAs look to for advice and guidance on best practices in AWS Customer Service. You will work with exceptionally driven, customer focused Associates and Premium Support Engineers. You will act as a Cloud Computing evangelist in the leading edge of this growing industry.
In addition, your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Owning escalated customer contacts and leading the effort to satisfactorily resolve them
- Performing deep dive analysis on selected customer contacts to gather lessons learned, then use that information to update internal reference materials and processes
- Providing prompt, efficient, detailed, customer-oriented service to AWS customers
- Working with other customer support teams to ensure a consistent and high-quality level of support
- Driving projects that improve support-related processes
- Working with customers to understand how they use AWS services, and providing valuable feedback to business and development teams
- Acting as an advocate for our customer, reporting and acting on observed areas for improvement
- Actively seeking solutions to customer needs, communicating trends to leadership, and suggesting innovative solutions on behalf of the customer experience
- Assisting with customer communication during AWS critical launches and support events
- Assuming responsibility for developing detailed knowledge about specific product lines and features
- Making sure internal knowledge reference pages are updated
- Ensuring the front line Technical CSAs are adequately trained at all times