Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 41 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products.
Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 4,000 employees, We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India, offering a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
Overall responsible for the management of the country planning, budgeting, growth and execution of logistics, facilities and administrative operations within the country as well as establishing and maintaining strong relationship with government bodies, business partners, suppliers and service providers within the country.
- Set up the annual operation plans, budgets and growth percentage in line with the set corporate plans
- Ensure the alignment of country plans and local teams with general rules & processes setup by the regional management team and adjust according to the local market needs without affecting the KPI's.
- Develop key performance indicators to the business and management team to achieve business targets and continuous improvement in operations performance
- Provide a strategic direction to operations growth, customer management, sales, marketing and operations in the country
- Control costs and ensure profitability of the country operations
- Ensure the compliance with company standards, processes rules and regulations
- Develop and maintain strategic business relationships with business partners, service providers, government entities
- Support the sales in defining business opportunities and new channels for growth and expansion, meet potential clients and open new market opportunities
- Build customer relationships and ensure customer satisfaction, attend to complaints and resolve issues at macro levels
- Source locations for new stations, hubs and offices, negotiate lease agreements and ensure the setup or all facilities requirements to allow smooth and efficient operations
- Ensure the compliance with country legal requirements, represent the company in any formal disputes and take preventative measurements to ensure company good will and legal status
- Hire, train, coach and lead logistics and business manager to ensure continuous performance improvement and progression
- Support the country management team in providing guidance and
- Promote company values to clients and employees, lead the company culture, represent the company in events, media and PR activities within the marketing guidelines, reflect the company image and communicate success stories
- Attend management call with regional director and provide weekly status update of performance, and report/escalate all major issues
- Apply an open door policy and provide guidance and leadership to all department employees
- Conduct annual performance appraisal to the management team. Recommend salary adjustments, rewards and promotions, corrective actions and development plans based on employee performance.
- Conduct any other activities relevant to the job