At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online. The goal of Amazon is to build a world class last mile operation. Amazon aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible.
Based from our Spanish head office in Madrid, Amazon is now looking to hire an experienced, passionate, dynamic, analytical, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Senior Delivery Supplier Manager.
As a Senior Manager within Spain you will play a critical role in the development and leadership of the strategic direction of Amazon.
The Senior Delivery Supplier Manager will be the leader for Delivery Service Providers (DSPs) within Amazon and responsible for all aspects of last mile operations, contracting with suppliers and agreeing appropriate service levels.
This role reports directly to the Country Director
· To develop a DSP structure that will enable and support the growth of Amazon’s business in Spain.
· To establish and determine the strategy and direction for Amazon’s ES Operations for DSP requirements, including the annual peak increase in labour.
· To be responsible for developing a framework for managing DSPs for Spanish locations, ensuring standard processes that allow for local variations, are in place across Spain.
· To prepare and execute the annual project plan, working with site teams to ensure that the following actions happen on an annual basis.
· To review all agreed standardized processes to ensure these continue to meet the lean principles and business needs.
· To ensure the critical review and enhancement of standard reporting tools.
· To ensure effective auditing and compliance mechanisms are in place, both internally and within the selected DSPs to ensure that legal and contractual requirements are consistently meet.
· To negotiate contractual requirements with multiple DSPs which include key performance indicators (KPI’s) and service level agreements (SLA’s), agreeing margins at an appropriate level to ensure a quality and cost efficient service is provided.
· Overall management of DSPs within Spain to the agreed KPI’s and SLA’s, including carrying out regular and annual supplier reviews.
· To determine the labor demographic in areas where Amazon operates, ensuring that the strategies for supply are flexible and robust to meet the need in each area.
· To monitor and communicate changes in legislation and the economic environment, ensuring that these external influences are factored into planning.
· To work in partnership with the Amazon PR team to ensure that the Amazon brand is reflected in all communications, including advertising and social media and how the brand can be enhanced to ensure Amazon is perceived as an employer of choice in the local area.
· To lead the regional DSP managers throughout the peak trading period, ensuring metrics are achieved and root cause analysis is completed to ensure issues are understood and improvement plans are implemented.
· Work closely with operational finance teams to fully understand the labor planning process and train onsite labor management teams.
· Provide innovation in developing long term strategies to ensure that the DSP operating model is flexible and agile to meet future customer demands. Introduce new and innovative ways of managing the delivery network (included but not limited to utilization of different transport models, different delivery network models, new sources and innovative models for workforce planning)
· Develop talent - Create, lead, engage with and direct a workforce to drive enhanced performance through our people agenda.
· Implement change and/or develop new processes as required to provide the ability to better service Amazon customers, reduce costs and to serve and improve contribution.
· Take proactive steps to ensure that best practices are introduced to the network in the form of standard work and that these are shared and implemented across all locations.
· Working with key business partners such as Transport & Sort, Senior Management, Finance, Loss Prevention, IT, HR, ACES and Engineering to deliver the operating plan and to secure required support and resources for projects and initiatives.