Amazon is proudly announcing the expansion of the new Global IT Procurement team that would facilitate procurement and create value for Amazon’s Global IT Services Organization. Purchasing assistants, (PA’s) will partner with business owners (customers) and their teams to define requirements for identified purchasing needs in the IT area. They will categorize and select the best suppliers by working with external companies to gather, analyze and make recommendations to the business. At the same time, PA’s will provide outstanding customer support to internal customers, and act as a liaison, resolving any issues that may arise with a contract or supplier.
· The IT purchasing specialist will create and place purchase orders with the appropriate vendors and track them, signing off when the supplies (Hardware) arrive and logging the information in their records.
· Handling a moderate
number of buying situations at the same time. These deals generally come to closure quickly due to their straightforward nature.
· Engage in a number of negotiations with vendors and suppliers. He or she will work with other companies to find the lowest possible prices
· Must maintain positive relationships with their vendors.
· For a large number of cost centers, is very familiar with the monthly spending patterns and is expected to identify exceptions and areas for potential improvement.
· Performs analysis of monthly spending of a determined number of cost centers to identify areas for improvement.
· Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of identifiable factors.
· Provide assistance to other team members as a first technical point of contact in software and hardware inquiries
Complexity of work
· Uses professional concepts learned in college or through some other formal training to identify problems and initiate solutions.
· Expected to understand the business needs within a small number of business groups. For those groups, is able to validate the requirements are valid and justified.
· Will regularly identify, discuss and bring forward issues or ideas to more senior team members.
· Addresses a variety of problems, questions, or situations taking into consideration established criteria to determine outcome.
· Provides responsive, high quality service to customers, representatives of outside agencies and any other stakeholders by providing accurate, complete and up-to-date information, in a courteous, efficient and timely manner.
Knowledge and Skills/ Business Acumen/ Education and Experience
· Bachelor's degree in Computer science or IT related field
- 2+ years of Amazon experience.
· 6+ months in PC repair, troubleshooting, deployment, and liquidation
· 6+ months of basic IT hardware and software troubleshooting
· English proficiency
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
· Strong project management skills (desirable)
· Strong influencing skills and negotiation skills.
· Ability to ramp quickly.
· Ability to effectively negotiate purchases. (desirable)
· Experience in ERP environments such as Oracle, Coupa, SAP, etc. (desirable)