Amazon Web Services is the industry’s leading cloud computing platform, it comprises a broad range of services for developers and IT professionals that promise to lower costs and transform how applications are built.
The Senior Manager, Developer / Technical Evangelism for Amazon Web Services will join the leadership team in an experienced and energetic organization that is responsible for driving the development and adoption of AWS services across the globe. In this role, you’ll combine your leadership skills, your passion and enthusiasm, and your unmatched creativity to generate grass-roots attention, support, and adoption of AWS among key industry opinion makers and technologists in the developer community, and build, lead and manage a team to deliver and scale these activities across a substantial geography or region.
Ideally, you’re someone who comes from a software development or architecture background with a significant track record in leading teams to create products, applications or services, and have a need to be on stage guiding the broader industry towards adoption and exploitation of a technology you firmly believe in. You have immediate credibility with Developers, Architects, IT Managers and CIOs. You love to build and lead teams that share their passion with others and exhibit good judgment in selecting strategic opportunities to do so.
You don’t just want to be part of an industry movement, you want to be out front leading it.
- Building, leading and managing a team of AWS Technical/Developer evangelists in a defined geography or region.
- Gaining industry recognition and credibility in your own right as a regular attendee, panellist and keynote speaker at AWS and third-party technology conferences, trade shows and press events
- Developing and delivering compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions, and discussions to drive awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services amongst developers
- Identifying leads for potential partnerships and customer opportunities
- Collaborating with internal teams to define the product road map and market positioning for AWS services
- Identifying, driving, developing & supporting community user groups and developer program initiatives
- Leading the creation and maintenance of white papers, screencasts, demos and videos about AWS services for developers along with related and relevant emerging technologies, open source projects, and industry developments.