The working hours for this role are: 6am-3pm OR 7am-4pm (including lunch)
- Some experience with query analyzers and query tuning / slow query optimization etc.
- Networking (DNS, TCP/IP)
- Exposure to Virtualization (VMware, Xen, Hypervisor)
- Prior working experience with AWS - any or all of EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, RDS, Dynamo DB, EMR
- Exposure to security concepts / best practices
- Expertise with IPsec, VPN, Load Balancing, Iperf, MTR, Routing Protocols, SSH, Network
- Monitoring / Troubleshooting tools
- Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
You will work 5 days per week but may be faced with a non-standard weekend. The working days are Mon-Fri OR Tues-Sat OR Sun-Thurs
These shifts are dependent on team capacity, but flexibility is always open for discussion.
‘’Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity and Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.’’