Would you like to influence cloud computing adoption in the Singapore Education market? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services by engaging with schools and universities who are reinventing their IT strategy by adopting cloud computing? Do you have the Education industry experience and the sales background necessary to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider?
As an Education Account Manager within Amazon Web Services (AWS) focusing on the Singapore Education segment, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind-share and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services and platform. Your primary responsibilities will be to prospect and open up new accounts across the broad Education market in Singapore. You will also need to identify key partners that will help extend our reach in schools and universities in the local market.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interaction with Education decision makers and Education technology and service providers, as well as a technical background sufficient to enable them to easily interact with software developers and architects. The candidate should have a successful track record of meeting sales targets and a knack for opening new accounts. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Education team in helping to drive the success of the Singapore AWS Education and Not-For-Profit business.
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
- Fill the business development pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
- Work closely with the customer base to ensure they are successful using our web services and making sure they have the technical resources required.
- Understand and exploit the use of Salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market
- Experienced with managing broad customer segments (Education, Education Technology and Service providers, Not-for-Profit) and solution selling ability
- Relevant technical knowledge is helpful.