Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced Event Manager to manage highly visible AWS events in the APAC region. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in AWS, a division of Amazon.com and a global leader in Cloud Computing.
In this role you will plan and execute events targeting IT decision makers and professionals. Your daily responsibility as an event expert will include working closely with sales and marketing managers to identify event goals, content, and promotion strategy, manage budgets, and coordinate all event logistics. You will utilize exceptional project management skills to manage pre-event reviews and communications and post-event follow-up, ensuring all stakeholders are working together to deliver a high-quality event.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of running successful events and have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills. Job Responsibilities
- Oversee planning, production and execution of events hosted in the APAC region, from large hosted events to participation in industry tradeshows to small, high touch executive activities, roadshows and training seminars.
- Assist in building the event strategy and event goals to ensure event success.
- Serve as event project manager, responsibilities include, but are not limited to: pre-event consultation and planning, venue selection, vendor management, agenda development and show flow, event promotion and registration, printing and shipping, budget management, event staffing, on-site event management, event follow-up and reporting.
- Build and distribute regular pre-event status reports and post-event trip report.
- Work closely with marketing, sales, product teams, PR, and executive management to achieve business goals via event marketing.
- Plan and execute extensive multi-touch marketing campaigns to include: email, direct outreach, website development, print advertising, social media, and other resources to assist in acquiring sponsors, speakers, and attendees
- Track and monitor response of all executed efforts; make contingency plans where necessary to meet attendee and other target goals
- Employ data analytics to effectively target event sponsors and attendees
- Keep event website current with up-to-date marketing copy
- Create and deliver ongoing reports on attendee numbers, campaign results and ROI
- Manage event calendar, project timelines, and event budget.
- Expertly drive pre-event weekly meetings, including ownership of event planning documentation.