Do you believe cloud computing will be a disruptive force on industry and education and want to help students prepare for the cloud-enabled workforce of tomorrow? Does the challenge and ownership that comes from leading and driving large global initiatives across organizations excite you?
We are focused on building new skills initiatives for education – for students, educators, and institutions. Launched in 2015, AWS Educate is focused on building bold initiatives to accelerate the integration and application of Cloud content and tools into classrooms around the globe. AWS Educate members include ministries, universities, community colleges, and high schools – and the educators and students from these institutions.
We are seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial, and motivated business development manager to help drive these initiatives in South Africa. You will contribute to the development and execution of business development initiatives for this program(s) in the regions, identifying and cultivating partners & alliances, partnering with the sales and technical teams, and successfully on-boarding new customers to the program.
The Business Development Manager will have the opportunity to help drive growth and contribute to shaping the future of global initiatives for education and work across Amazon to maximize the opportunity. We are in start-up mode around aggressive and exciting global initiatives, and you should be too. As the business scales quickly, you will also partner with the program lead and the team to think big, introduce new program elements, and create an impact on education.
Some of the key job functions are:
- Serve as a member of our global education efforts
- Help define target markets and partners, using data, educational industry knowledge, and business instincts
- Contribute to the creation of a business development plan for the market, tied to our overall initiative goals
- Work with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, other Amazon divisions, etc.) and external partnerships to drive excellent execution of plan, innovative solutions, and one-to-many opportunities
- Create partnerships, internal and external to Amazon, that deliver one-to-many opportunities
- Be the voice of the customer, ensuring that they are delighted with our services and using their input to help team iterate and improve on our offering
- Understand the content, training and technical requirements of our customers and partners, and work closely with internal assets to help solve problems.
- Support the sales pipeline with institutional relationships
- Create reports that track initiative, point to successes and roadblocks, and define solutions
- Present communications to team lead and senior management team
- Understand and exploit the use of salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market