Join Amazon’s HR team and help make a difference for all Amazonians! We are recruiting for a Return to Work Sr. Administrator for the Leave of Absence and Accommodations Team (LOAA). This position is based in Costa Rica and specializes on the leave, disability, accommodation, and support for life events for employees within Amazon.
A Return to Work Sr. Administrator demonstrates strong consulting skills and deep plan knowledge (including regulatory compliance). The Return to Work Sr. Administrator is the main contact point for our employees providing guidance on the return to work process. It is responsible for the employee satisfaction, domain consulting, requirements communication and maintenance.
This position ensures a smooth return to work process for our employees in compliance to all applicable laws, regulations, and plans, including HIPAA, FMLA, as well as all individual State Leave Acts, Military, and Company Sponsored Leave Programs.
Become a part of our Leave of Absence and Accommodations Team and work with employees while maintaining successful partnerships with HR Business Partners, Managers, Benefits, Stock, Payroll and Operations to provide a world-class employee experience. Use your strong analytical and critical-thinking skills to bring about continuous improvement on a daily basis. Put your exceptional customer service, communication and organizational skills, superior attention to detail and ability to prioritize to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing HR environment.
The successful candidate will have a strong orientation and proven track record of customer obsession, prioritization, follow-through and execution, attention to detail, and communication. Amazon is a fast-paced environment, wherein employees are seeking information and assistance in developing options and an action plan. The candidate is expected to be able to have strong critical thinking, fact-find for a complete understanding of employee concerns and provide the best service. Essential Responsibilities:
- Initiate and respond to inquiries regarding the return to work process for LOAA.
- Provide full scope of return to work services for employees including employee interviews, level setting, communication to managers and stakeholders, and badge reactivation.
- Provide return to work reminder services for employees whose leaves have been denied.
- Documentation of recurring processes.
- Develop solutions that integrate with existing processes.
- Works collaboratively with the management team and the quality assurance and training teams
- Works with compliance to ensure changes, escalated issues and complex problems are properly addressed and incorporated into training.
- Address and respond to sensitive situations.
- Identify and problem solve, sometimes with limited information.
- Communicate regular updates to the employee’s case managers both verbally and in writing.
- Perform activities to ensure compliance with standard work, federal/state regulations, and company policy.
- Educate employees and HR on complicated aspects of the leave of absence, return to work, and Accommodation.
- Provide guidance, assess risk, resolve issues, and escalate as appropriate for employees, managers and HR while still maintaining employee’s confidential information.
- Maintain system records to ensure accurate and timely information/documentation.
- Consult, coordinate and partner with our third party administrator, HR, Safety, Payroll, Benefits and MyAmbassador team members and other departments/systems as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.