Do you have broad and deep experience in both the business and technical aspects of cloud computing and related IT technologies? Do you have rich experience understanding and influencing technology choices and implementations with public sector customers (governments, educational institutions, non-profit entities, and non-governmental organizations)? Do you enjoy working with customers to achieve greater efficiencies and successes by IT modernization and cloud technologies? Can you help business leaders and technologists assess their technology requirements, and then help drive the internal product / service development roadmap for existing and new cloud services?
As a Business Development Manager within AWS, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s cloud computing platform within Government, Healthcare and Education in the Nordics region.
As Business Development Manager for the Nordics region you will be responsible to define key market segments to target, driving the necessary business and technical relationships with customers to open up new market segments and close high impact Lighthouse wins.
The ideal candidate will posses both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the EMEA PS team in helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy.
- Help define the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals we target.
- Set a strategic sales plan for target markets and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction.
- Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. account management teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
- Fill the business development pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
- Work closely with the customer base to ensure they are successful using our web services, making sure they have the technical resources required.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
- Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market